Sonic Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Rules *Must Read!*

Go down

Site Rules *Must Read!* Empty Site Rules *Must Read!*

Post  Zero the Hedgehog Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:38 pm

First of all I'd like to welcome you all to the site. I'm Zero, however some as you may know me as Cool from the Kingdom Hearts Forum or Arack from the Avatar Forum. Now before you go on to create a character and roleplay you'll need to read the site rules first. None of us mods or admins want to ban a user (even though it's fun to say ban hammer!) and I'm sure you do not want to be banned. So reading these rules will keep you from getting banned and keep us from having to take time out of our daily lives to clean up your mess. Also let's keep from going through loopholes, because that means we'll have to create Terms of Service. And you'll have to read them. Neither of those are fun so unless you want to have about 9,000 restrictions and have to read through them I suggest you don't screw with our rules. Now that we've got that out of the way let's get on with the rules!

Rules Of The Site

God-Modding

Under no circumstances may you god-mod. God-modding comes in several types. The first is creating an invincible character that has unbreakable armor, attacks that can kill someone in one hit, is gifted in every skill possible, and anything that is unreasonably overpowered. This isn't breaking a rule if you accidently create a character like this without knowing, however since it probably won't be approved if you did it on purpose it won't matter anyway and you'll be told the changes to fix to make sure you don't go super saiyan on everyone. Meta-gaming and autohitting are also forms of god-modding. Meta-gaming allows you to take information you didn't already know IC. Say someone's greatest fear is a piece of moldy cheese for some odd reason. All of the sudden you automatically know this and get the nearest piece of moldy cheese or pull one out of your pocket and throw it in their face. It does not work that way nor it ever will and the only time you should know something like that is if their character tells you or you hear it from a player who learned the knowledge from the other player's character. Autohitting is baiscully you spin dash forward and instead of allowing them to react to it you automatically hit them no questions asked. This is acceptable in some cases though, such as if they grabbed ahold of your foot and you were close enough to kick them across the face but even if it is acceptable you shouldn't use it every single time as it's unfair. Any types of major god-modding will result in the topic being locked or deleted and the person who god-modded to get punished for doing it. Minor god-modding can be ignored but if you use it to many times the same result as major god-modding will happen.

Flaming

You can not attack somebody OOC about something personal. While we all know in IC enviorments it's acceptable while roleplaying in character you can't just go to the OOC area and try to make people feel like crap just because you deem it nessacry. Also if you're roleplaying this does not mean you can put an OOC part in your post flaming the person and then go on with your post IC because it's baiscully the same thing only unfitting and just as mean.

Using Un-Approved Things

Just because you posted something up for approval doesn't mean you can use it right away. If something isn't approved even if it's utterly perfect you can not use it yet in roleplaying as it is just plain stupid.

Spamming

Pointless posts for the sake of being pointless and basic spam are not allowed. You can not type HSWAEUIHSUAIJJDAI as a post just to boost your post count or any other odd reason. Posts like this will be deleted right away.

Respect

The staff members work very hard to keep this site running and make sure things do not get out of control, they aren't even getting payed to do this... So would it hurt to show a little respect to them? Anybody caught treating the admins and mods like dirt will be given a warning. Same goes for your fellow users as well.

One Line Roleplay

You signed up to roleplay so you better act like you want to roleplay. Posts that are simply one word or slightly more will not be accepted. The minimum words a post can have is 30, that way lazy users won't simply put "The hedgehog punched." as their entire post.

Fast-Tracking

Chaos emeralds or not I do not want to see anyone become the strongest person on this site in two posts. Fast-Tracking will not be allowed.

Cussing and Inappropriate Posts

Alright I don't want to see every word in your post be a cuss word. While it is fine to swear when it's appropriate I don't want to see this site turn into Saints Row RPG or Grand Theft Auto RPG. This is based off a Sonic game people, not Jersey Shore. And I don't want to see sex scenes on this site either. If you really must do that, take it to PMs. We have kids on here. Again this is not Jersey Shore so none of this should show up frequently.

The Reasonable Rule

Alright if something's not on here because I forgot it that doesn't mean it shouldn't mean it's ok. So if the staff members find anything in your posts that looks like it should result in punishment or a warning because it's harming the site and/or users it's most likely going to result in some type of punishment or a warning.

Alright that does it for the rules. If you're a mod or admin I currently have two special rules for you, don't abuse your power and follow all of the rules the users follow. Now I'll see you guys later!

Last edited by Zero the Hedgehog on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos.)
Zero the Hedgehog
Zero the Hedgehog

Back to top Go down